Wednesday 9 June, 2004

In the pink

Oh dear. One of the hottest days of the year and I appear to be off work. Whatever is a girl to do? Well, in fact, what I did was to go out into deepest Lancashire for the day. I'd planned to go to Maaaaaaatloooooooock (as Grampa Simpson would say) but changed my mind at the last minute and made my way to Clitheroe. I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day. I went for lunch first at the rather fab Apricot Meringue cafe - one of our favourite haunts - to munch on a ham sandwich (Mama Cass would be proud) and a piece of their custard tart, which is to-die-for. Then I caught a bus to a little village called Downham which, I found out later, is where they film 'Born and Bred'. It is a truly gorgeous place in the shadow of Pendle Hill with quaint, honey coloured cottages and the most stunning view from the churchyard. I whiled away a good couple of hours there doing absolutely nothing.

Back home and flipping channels on the TV - is there a Doctor Who fan working on the Sharon Osborne show? I was greeted by the sight of some skit Sharon was performing with a guest and Hank Azaria as a camp Hispanic man called Aggedor. Unfortunately there were no renditions of 'Parkleda parthin menin klatch' which was a shame.

And from there it was off to rehearsal at Tyldesley Little Theatre where we're doing a variety show. Of course everyone had been regaled with my drunken exploits at the party on Saturday. What fun. The amount of people who came up to me saying "Oooh, we heard about you and the party..." as if I'd stripped naked and danced round the room singing Roll out the Barrel or something. Tch. Fortunately the director and the sound 'engineer' kindly deflected attention away from me by having the most spectacular slanging match I've ever seen there. Nice of them wasn't it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home