Saturday 10 June, 2006

Squuueeeaaaalll!

My mate Ingrid has been nominated for a best actress award for Educating Rita. By the GMDF . I finally read the review their critic sent in. Full of praise for Ingrid & Mike who was the director & played Frank but absolutely no acknowledgement of the assistant director, namely, me. Yeah thanks alot.

Me & Ingrid had arranged to go out on a girly night last night anyway but thanks to this piece of news it turned more into a celebration. So we got rather pissed sat outside a very nice pub in a very nice area quaffing white wine & chatting to her next door neighbours about the dreaded 'F' word that we can't escape at the moment. I couldn't believe I was sat talking about it. Aggh! We tootled off to another pub shortly after to find it was packed to the gills* with lesbians! Yes lesbians. I couldn't believe my luck. Sadly none of them were really my type but they were ever so friendly and Ingrid noted that they seemed to be trying to work out whether we were together or not. Tee hee. They had karaoke on so we treated them to our renditions of Get Here - Oleta Adams & Dreams - Fleetwood Mac (by Ingrid) and Perfect - Fairground Attraction & Its Oh So Quiet (me). We seemed to go down well enough though I think Ingrid fared better than I did. How do some people still manage to sing in tune on karaoke? A curry take-out later & we were at Ingrids house watching some weird film & trying not to fall asleep. I didn't last very long. Ingrid packed me off back to my mums in a taxi and I fell comatose into bed. I've not been too bad hangover-wise this morning but I was feeling a tad delicate. I'd planned to go into Manchester for a spot of shopping but didn't feel up to it so I popped into Bolton on the way home instead. Manchester tomorrow instead I think.

Oops, must be off. I'm missing Dr Who...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home