Monday 9 July, 2007

Birfday

It was my birthday yesterday. I'm the ripe old age of 36 and I've still got all me own teeth. I inherited an ipod shuffle which I've been faffing about with this evening. I was also given a pair of 'top range' headphones which I'm slightly less impressed with. They're in-ear ones which take some getting used to and at first I must've had them inserted wrong as the music sounded like it was coming from the inside of a tin can. I tried the phones that came with the ipod and they sounded alot better. That can't be right surely. I've heard that ipod phones are supposed to be shite. So I faffed around a bit more, changed a few bits on the new phones and inserted them correctly and they seem to be ok now except for a background hiss. WTF! I might as well dig out my old Sony Walkman and a few cassettes & listen to them. Oh well. Mustn't complain & seem like an ungrateful bitch.

Birthday was really quite shite for reasons that I don't want to go into. It would've been really nice if it wasn't for someone being a complete & utter arsehole. As usual. I long for the day when I can go out for a meal/lunch/day out without this person being a twat at some point but sadly I don't think that's ever going to happen.

Still, I've got a lovely meet up with some genuinely lovely people on Saturday to look forward to so I'll make up for it then & have a whale of a time. My birthday can be a week late this year.

It doesn't help that I'm a bit bereft this week. No new Dr Who to look forward to (or enjoy slagging off like the last two eps - peee-ew!) and no new CSI: Las Vegas. *sigh* I've rediscovered Frasier lately though, thanks to repeats on the Paramount Comedy channel. Such repetitive, annoying trailers in the ad breaks though. Oh look its a trailer for Grumpy Old Men/Women.... five seconds later... oh yeah here we go, Everybody Loves Raymond..... a minute later Rules of Engagement and Two and a Half Men.... ooh never seen that before.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

Happy Birthday! I was 34 this year, so I'm catching you up :-)

x

10:42 pm  
Blogger Spaceminx said...

Thanks. :) Yeah, you're not far behind me.

9:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home