Wednesday 15 March, 2006

Break out the champagne

Today was the last ever payment on my student loan. I am now almost debt free, er, apart from my credit card. I just need to work the same magic on that now. In honour of this I took a look at the racks of champagne in Tesco but was so befuddled by the different types that I didn't bother. Not that I'm a huge champers fan but it seemed the thing to do. Most of it is too dry and tastes of poo but at Paul Cornell's wedding a few years ago we had some that was lovely. I've been meaning to ask him what it was ever since but I've never got round to it. So Paul, if you're reading this.... what was it?

I've decided to meet the gang in Manchester tomorrow night and get pissed there instead. Oh and tonight I've had a celebratory bottle of Bud, Peanut Kit Kat Chunky and small packet of Haribo Starmix. God I know how to live.

In other fabulous news I've just spent a rather large wad of cash on tickets. 2 tix to see KT Tunstall in June and early Xmas pressies for my mum & bro - tix to see Acorn Antiques The Musical in December. I can honestly say that this is the earliest I have ever bought a Xmas pressie. So shoot me. ;)

2 Comments:

Blogger Adriana said...

Oh goodness that reminds me Acorn Antiques the Musical is out on DVD now. Utterly top show. Did I ever tell you I stood next to Celia Imrie recently. Well I say stood next to, she brushed past my arm and I did not follow her, repeat did not, follow her into the next room. I was going in there anyway.

3:56 pm  
Blogger Spaceminx said...

The tickets arrived! Woo hoo!

I passed Celia in the street on Millenium new year night. I wished her a happy new year adn she returned it. What a nice lady.

5:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home