Saturday 24 June, 2006

Exciting things

Whooo hoo hooo! I've posted about this just about everywhere I can think of so I'm going to keep it short here but when I was watching tonights ep of Dr Who I realised that on our trip to Cardiff a few months ago we saw the actual Tardis. The *actual* one. We were on the train & almost pulling into the station past a new housing estate & saw a Tardis in someone's back yard. no word of a lie. At the time we just thought it was a replica built by a fan but all the locations in tonights ep were exactly the same as that estate. We were so near & we didn't even realise! Pah!

Went to see the ever so lovely KT Tunstall at the Apollo in Manchester on Wednesday night and she was absolutely amazing. Sooo talented, playing guitar, drums *and* keyboard and a really silly sense of humour. She's so fab. I've since been on the net buying all the KT stuff I haven't already got and listening to it on my CD player today. Oh its gorgeous! Especially a song called 'Throw me a rope' - heartbreakingly beautiful. I think I'm a bit besotted. I've been checking out her website and its forum and there's been alot of speculation about her sexuality but it turns out she's straight. Boo hoo! Gutted.

Not that I had a cat in hells chance, mind... still, a girl can dream.

I found out tickets were on sale for Keane the other day too. Unfortunately they sold out within the space of an hour. Bollocks. I was holding out for seats rather than standing but it seems they'd already gone anyway. I tried bleedin' everywhere. Hopefully they'll announce extra dates.

And just a final word to say that the wedding I went to the other weekend was wonderful. I got all teary-eyed as they were exchanging vows at the register office. So lovely. And their first dance was to Xanadu by Olivia Neutron Bomb. And they had a Kylie tribute act who was just as foxy as the original. And I danced my tits off with various people, some of who'm I'd not seen for ages and two of whom are Daleks. Well, Dalek operators. I had blisters on my feet at the end of the night but it was a good, happy sort of pain. *grin* All this and a 'dick on a stick' for my trouble - the grooms' gift to me for being the only girl on the stag night. I had to try & explain to my friend's mum what it was. Nice. Its still hidden away in my suitcase, under wraps. I've no idea what I'm going to do with it.

Any takers?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home