Friday 18 June, 2004

Silly things

Silly things I thought I'd share;

There is an Australian depilatory product in Boots called 'Nad's'.

My new doctor's surname is Healey.

Lunch today was in Morelli's cafe in Whittakers department store in Bolton. I had my fave - Steak and red onion ciabatta. Its very nice in there and there's a mouth watering display of cakes on offer but its a tad expensive. If you're in there and they offer you coleslaw, make like the Grange Hill gang and 'Just Say No'. They'll only charge you extra for it, the cheeky buggers. Anyway, my ciabatta arrived accompanied by fries and a side salad. Well, I say salad but today it was just a bit of lettuce with some strange black goo on it. What is it with cafes and restaurants these days who think salad means half a dozen different types of lettuce and bugger all else? (maybe half a cherry tomato hidden under the rocket if you're really lucky) They don't even have the decency to call it a green salad so at least you're prepared for your tastebuds to be bored to death. Come on you cheap bastards! Give us tomato and cucumber, yes, but slap on a bit of sweet pepper or celery, onion, grated carrot - that sort of thing.

Anyway, must stop ranting. I tasted the black goo but couldn't actually discern what it was made of, which aroused my suspicions. So if you see me wandering around town with black eyes and asking after a chap called Mulder then please feel free to stab me in the back of the neck with a pencil* or something.

(* for any Net weirdos reading - this is a joke. I don't actually want to be stabbed with a pencil. I may grumble about my life periodically but i'm actually quite attached to it thank you.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home