Tuesday 21 November, 2006

Um

*taps fingers*

*whistles*

So.

Weather shite where you are then?

It doesn't seem to have deterred the chavs from hanging round the bus stop outside our house. Gobshites. We're lucky if that timetable board lasts a week before being kicked in. I wish I had a paintball gun handy. Little bastards.

Got free tix to An Evening with Elisabeth Sladen at the Fab Cafe in Manchester in the post today. I've seen her before but hey, its free.... I was starting to lose faith in that mailing list. I signed up when I was still living at my mums and it took them ages to change my address. By the time my mum passed on the letters and free tix the events would have been and gone. Even now I only get the mail-outs a day or two beforehand. I was going to go to see the new Bond flick with my Bro and his mates but I haven't quite got as much enthusiasm for Daniel Craig as I had for lovely Pierce B. Pierce was my favourite Bond. I know, I know, Connery is a legend but somehow Pierce was *mine* or at least for my generation. Sort of the way your fave Dr Who is the one you grew up with. Although going with that analogy Roger Moore should be my fave Bond. No, its Pierce all the way for me.

Fave Bond film? On Her Majesty's Secret Service. Its got Diana Rigg in it. And Joanna Lumley. And the ending where Tracy cops it makes me blub every time. Waaagh!

Fave Bond theme? Live and Let Die. A classic bit of rock and pomp from Macca. Close second could be View to a Kill I think. Lots of classics to choose from. And who could resist the lyrics, "He's got a powerful weapon, he charges a million a shot..." ? Good old Lulu.

Fave Bond girl? Oooh now that's a hard one (fnarr). Diana Rigg again I think although Famke Janssen is a very very close second. Hmmm, maybe the other way round then. Diana is gorgeous but far too pristine. Famke is alot dirtier.

Cor.


Famke.


Sorry, where was I?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have very similar tastes....

12:46 am  
Blogger Spaceminx said...

And great taste it is. ;)

10:03 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home