Monday 26 March, 2007

5 days to go

I'm not sure what I'm more excited about. The new series of Dr Who or the exhibition opening in Manchester this weekend.

Funky things happening at work. I'm starting New Things. I'm not sure exactly what it entails but I've been wanting to move into this stuff for a little while because the stuff I've been doing for a year is fucking doing my head in. Two people who were really good and on the ball and who wanted to get the stuff done right and on time with the minimum hassle have either left or gone to do other things in the company. So I'm left with a couple of people who are crap, clueless and think that doing what's just about good enough for them with little effort is what's good for the job as a whole. WRONG! One of the chaps did a job early, without checking that it was ok to do so. It wasn't. He was asked to ring the council and sort it out. He didn't. He thinks that just getting the job done very quickly so that no-one figures out that we were there is good enough. It isn't. Its still fucked up. Twat.

Anyway, New Things. A step closer to not working with that particular clueless lazy twat again. Hurrah! I go to my first council meeting tomorrow. Well, not my first. I did something similar for another company a couple of years ago and that involved much the same thing. And I think I went to one meeting with the local council then. At least I get to go out of the office with my hottie boss.

And so to the bundle of random psychotic weirdness that is L. She's only been with us a month and has caused no end of trouble. 16 years old and with an attitude that'd make Gaddaffi weep. Lets teach L to do something. Lets then watch L fuck it up. Then try teaching her all over again the next day because she swears she wasn't taught how to do it in the first place. Repeat ad nauseum for a month. Oh she's ever so quiet and mousy but she's got that glint in her eye that Denis Nielsen had when he spied a tasty looking lad. No matter how many times our boss (or anyone else for that matter) tells her not to spend her day pissing about on MSN messenger/listening to her ipod/chatting with her mates on the phone that customers ring in on/writing her memoirs in a yellow diary/writing messages from the devil on post-it notes, next day she'll just be doing it again. And again. And again. After much tutting, huffing and looks so dirty they'd make Christina Aguilera blush of course. Apparently she's even more bizarre out of work. Hurling abuse at strangers in the street and college tutors, slagging off everyone in the office and by all accounts her Myspace page is a shrine to scat.

Never mind, they're sacking her on Wednesday.

I shall be hiding all sharp implements and refreshing my kick boxing skills in preparation. Just in case.

1 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

Doesn't sound like someone you'll miss!

And you should be excited by the new series, rather than the exhibition. It looks like its going to be more promising than last year (I hope)...

8:07 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home