Sunday 25 January, 2009

I rock!

Last night I discovered the new love of my life. Our interaction was a bit shaky at first. I kept making mistakes. But the more I got into it the easier it became. That was, until I'd had a couple of beers and a couple of large glasses of wine and then it all went a bit pear shaped.

Yep, I've discovered Guitar Hero. I think I'm in love. Suddenly I *am* Pat Benatar. Well, if Pat played guitar that is. Which she doesn't. Er, so I'm probably more Neil Geraldo then?

I started with lead guitar on the Go Gos hit 'We Got the Beat' and pretty much failed miserably. I just couldn't coordinate my hands with the chords and the timing and looking at the screen and oh my. After a couple of attempts I got a little better but it wasn't until I switched to bass that I really started to improve. Handy hint for newbies then - start with bass playing. After more & more attempts I eventually graduated to rhythm guitar. Even my mate J who wouldn't normally go for such fripperies was hooked and he became a demon bass player too. Our final tour de force was 'Band on the Run' with me & K on vocals (this time it was 'Rock Band' I think) & J on bass. I think we can expect a couple of CSIs on our tail shortly. It was the perfect murder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home