Wednesday 23 June, 2004

Gosh

Nary a week has gone by and I haven't posted anything. Well, what have I been doing you may ask. The show went surprisingly well despite some rather over enthusiastic middle-aged ladies heckling during Saturday's performance. Slagging them off backstage without a care in the world we were, chunnering on about how rude they were until our lovely make-up girl Lisa pointed out that they were the daughters of one of our cast members. Oops. Well, they should know better shouldn't they?

Most of the rest of this week has been spent recovering (some of us stayed for late drinkies Saturday night). Although I haven't managed to get an early night yet. My brother and I went to see the fabulous Sheryl Crow at the MEN arena last night. Wonderful she was, albeit tiny and wee from our vantage point about halfway down the arena. It is my tradition to buy a t-shirt at such events but perusing the merchandise on offer I was greatly disappointed. They were all so drab dahling. The only splash of colour on offer was from a Natasha B'dingfield tee but I'm damned if I'm going to have her on my chest. I do have standards. At least with the money we saved we could buy half a lager and a tub of Revels.

And I've been watching Most Haunted Live of course (when I could stay awake). What fun. Dear lovely, jumpy Yvette. Debenhams must be all out of black leather trousers and polo necks. And it took a possessed Derek Akorah to tell her she was pretty. Bless. I do wonder at the psychic powers of the people ringing/texting in though. Enter the mystery bayonet which we were supposed to ascertain the history of using psychometry. What did the audience come up with? "I think it may have a violent history" says Mr P Freely. Well we didn't need a psychic to tell us that was bleedin' obvious did we?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home