Thursday 4 August, 2005

Things I am looking forward to

1) A new job. When I get one of course. I've registered with a couple of agencies in Manchester and Pertemps seem to be the ones who are keen to get me working for them. I was offered two jobs at first but I had to turn one down as I couldn't get there on pubic transport and the other just seems to have disappeared into the ether. It was working at some kind of crime bureau and sounded dead interesting. Thanks to my new found CSI addiction I had images of working in an exciting department with a Gil Grissom type but it looks like it was not meant to be. Ah well. I've just this evening been told about two other jobs which sound downright boring in comparison, one of which is less money than I'm on already. I hope for better news soon.

2) Hunter series 2 on DVD. My fave series of all time is now out on shiny DVD, woo hoo! I've watched most of the first season now and since I got paid this week I ordered season 2 for my delectation. Its just so damn good. Hunter & McCall are great as a team and McCall kicks bottom. I love her - she was one of my first role models as a teenager. Of course, if I followed her example I'd be dressed as a prostitute & getting shot at every week.

3) A marvellous party this weekend with my chums, most of whom I haven't seen for ages. We should have been at a gathering in Ambleside a few weeks ago but it was cancelled. I'm taking my packet of Clitoris Allsorts which should amuse everybody and I plan to stock up on raspberry beer and Hooegarden (or however you spell it). Talking of which, I've read somewhere that Sainsbury's have started selling their own brand of raspberry beer so a trip to the supermarket is in order between now & Saturday. Quite when I'm going to fit that in is anybody's guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home