Tuesday 31 May, 2005

A break or two

Am having to disappear for a while as the 'Nice girl' police are onto me. They've heard a rumour that I'm not very nice at all. I drink, swear, do rude things and didn't do the washing up last Tuesday. Thank god they haven't found out about my fare dodging on the Metrolink last year. I'd be going daaaaahhhn!

But really there's been a bit of a family crisis. My mum fell on Saturday and broke her arm near the shoulder. We didn't think it was too bad other than being inconvenient for her, and I was all set to come home today after staying with her since Sunday. However, at her appointment with the fracture clinic this morning they found that she'd damaged her ball & socket shoulder joint as well so they've put her in a new sling to immobilise it even more. Which means she'll find it even more difficult to do stuff like dress herself so I'm staying with her for a couple of weeks until her next clinic appointment. No Sky digi and no internet. How will I cope? I've already come dangerously close to watching Last of the Summer Wine.

And that is a bad situation to be in.

I did bond with my mum over the gardening yesterday though. She wanted some snapdragons planting before they suffered so she had me down on my knees doing that. I thought that'd be it but she soon had me planting up pots and hanging baskets too. She said she'll have me at Chelsea yet.

Anyway, toodle pip and I'll see you in a week or two.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home