Wednesday 29 March, 2006

Well, whaddayaknow!

The Italian was a hit. Food great, service great (apart from being a little too eager to get us dessert) and the wine was great. No moaning from either Mum or Bro for once. Cool. So that's Ciao Napoli in Bolton added to the list of good restaurants.

Thanks to that VH1 great lyrics vote and a plethora of lyric quizzes on a webgroup I'm on I've been thinking alot about my favourite lyrics. I've always loved Sweet Child O Mine for its poetic verse such as...

"Her hair reminds me of a warm safe place where as a child I'd hide."

For her acid tonguedness (is that a word?) I give you Tori Amos...

"So you can make me come, that doesn't make you Jesus."

For sheer rudeness I give you Led Zeppelin...

"Squeeze my lemon baby, til the juice runs down my leg."

For dodgy metaphors I give you Duran Duran...

"Don't say you're easy on me. You're about as easy as a nuclear war."

For gender bending complexity, David Bowie...

"You've got your mother in a whirl. She's not sure if you're a boy or a girl."

And for insanity, Green Day...

"Do you have the time to listen to me whine about nothing and everything all at once? I am one of those melodramatic fools. Neurotic to the bone no doubt about it. Sometimes I give myself the creeps. Sometimes my mind plays tricks on me. It all keeps adding up. I think I'm cracking up. Am I just paranoid. I'm just stoned."

2 Comments:

Blogger Trinity said...

that was such a good post. Love those lyrics.
hope you're ok
xxx

10:56 pm  
Blogger Spaceminx said...

Fine hon, hope you're well too.

I've just realised that I didn't put any Smiths lyrics in there. Silly me. Morrissey is my lyricist of choice when I'm feeling cynical.

10:04 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home