Thursday 29 January, 2009

I should be so lucky...

I don't know how its happened but I seem to be having a lucky day today. I've been for lunch in town with bro and took the opportunity to search various sales for a dvd box set that I've been after. I'd seen the Dr Who series 2 & 3 sets in Asda just before Xmas for the bargain price of £25 but when I went back in the new year to get one they'd disappeared. I've searched a few places since including Zavvi which is in receivership or something and offering huge discounts on their stock. I hadn't had any luck so when I went in Zavvi again this afternoon I wasn't holding out much hope. But there it was, Series 2 £24.99. Hurrah! But this was the label price you see. There were further discounts to be had so when I eventually paid for it it was just under £19. *happy dance*. In another store I also found an Arctic Monkeys album that I wanted for £3.

Then I got home & checked my email to find a message telling me that I'd won £10 in last night's lottery draw. Ok, so its not going to bail me out of this recession but at least with all the other stuff its given me a happy day.

I should do something positive now to continue the trend. Searching for jobs is the obvious choice. There's one where they want someone to take photos of handbags for a living. Every girls dream you'd think but me & handbags have a love/hate relationship. I'm not a girly girl and until recently wouldn't be seen dead with a handbag but I've slowly come round to their charms and have a very small collection in my wardrobe. No media jobs around unfortunately but I've got some admin jobs to apply for instead.

Maybe there's something else I could be doing too? Like, oh I don't know, solving a series of murders involving a killer who makes miniatures of the crime scenes? With ELO's Mr Blue Sky playing in the background? No?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home