Saturday 4 September, 2004

Buggery

Our lovely home computer is still buggered (its got a virus or two apparently) so I'm here in the oh-so-glamourous net cafe in Manchester again. I can barely see the letters on the keyboard for the grime (I'm joined by my friends Streptococcus Aureus and E-Coli so everyone give them a wave). I'm listening to Keane to take my mind off it. And its working.

I didn't end up in the Village last weekend as the queues for the wristbands were huge. Ah well, maybe next year. Hopefully my friend Sarah from Australia will be living over here by then so we can troll round the gay sights together.

Not much else has happened this week. Watched Messiah 3 which had the body count of a Schwarzenegger movie. I could tell who'd done it about half way through. Something about the look the young doctor had given the policewoman in the riot. Still fun though and its good to see Michelle Forbes in something other than Star Trek: The Next Generation.

Hugely annoyed at work yesterday. My lovely planned long weekend in London later this month is under threat. The girl I sort of work with (I'm doing what used to be her job as she's now based in another office and she's the only one who can cover if I'm not in) has booked that week off to go on hols so I'm a bit stuffed. Our boss isn't in until the week in question (he's on his hols) so he can't sort it out. It wouldn't be so bad if she was as concerned as I am about it but she just doesn't give a toss. As long as she's ok she couldn't care less about anyone else. Twat. I'm being called into a meeting on Monday morning at one of our other offices (my first since I started working for them 9 months ago) so maybe I'll bend someone's ear then. Either that or I'll tell them where to shove their fucking job. I'm getting really rather sick of her attitude and I dread the (thankfully rare) days when she pops in to Bolton to do some work. She's just such a fucking lazy, ignorant bitch and seems to think I'm her personal doormat. Hate her, hate her, hate her. Job hunting is a tad difficult due to the computer problems and I've lost my CV thanks to the virus. Grrrrrrrr.

"Oh simple thing where have you gone? I'm getting old and I need something to rely on. So tell me when you're gonna let me in. I'm getting tired and I need somewhere to begin. And if you have a minute why don't we go? Talk about it somewhere only we know. This can be the end of everything. So why don't we go somewhere only we know.."

2 Comments:

Blogger Trinity said...

god I love Keane

3:16 pm  
Blogger Adriana said...

I'm going to be a big poser and admit I know them - well I know the drummer - and have met the other two. We used to work together. I was checking my filofax last night and saw that last September I saw them at the Barfly in Camden in London town. My how times have changed.

They are pretty good live if you ever get the chance.

1:39 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home