Saturday 11 September, 2004

Calmer

I'm much calmer this week. I think we may be able to sort something out for my London trip as the girl I work with (K) said they may ask one of the other women to cover for a day (with some training). And I am only off for one day this week now as I can't go to the Rush gig in Birmingham on Wednesday. I'm vaguely disappointed that I can't go but they were talking about leaving Bolton at 2pm which is far too early for me to get out of work. One less thing to stress about anyway. And I haven't listened to Rush for about 10 years...

The meeting on Monday was a huge waste of time for me. I really needn't have been there as K could have told them anything they needed to know. At least I got to see one of the other offices though. Well I say office. It was a portacabin in a dusty old yard. Made me feel much better about being based in the Bolton office which actually has bricks, air conditioning, coffee machines etc.

The trouble with posting only once a week is that I can never remember what I wanted to say. I'll think of things to put in the blog and by the time Saturday has rolled round I've forgotten it again. D'oh.

Watched Grumpy Old Men (the TV prog not the film btw) for the first time ever. What fun it was. I could empathise with so much of it. Does this mean I'm a grumpy old man??? Hearing Geoffrey Palmer saying "Waste the bastards!" had me giggling into my cup of tea. And I've discovered why 'dogging' is so named. Its because people go out to watch others having sex on the pretext of walking their dogs. And again with the D'oh. I'm really not that bright sometimes.

3 Comments:

Blogger Red Nicholson said...

Just in case you were wondering, it's "pretense", not "pretext".

spazz =)

3:26 pm  
Blogger Trinity said...

I havent got a dog unfortunatley. Got a stuffed one with a lead though, I wonder if that'll do?

5:54 pm  
Blogger Spaceminx said...

I haven't got one either - not even a stuffed one. I'm sure if we only watch from a distance they won't notice its stuffed. Unless its a bizarre colour or something.

And Spazz - no I wasn't wondering actually and no amount of smilies will make your comment any less patronising.

4:28 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home