Monday 18 April, 2005

Headache

Cheesecake in causing headache shocker! I ate a rather nice piece of Costco lemon cheesecake earlier, promptly fell asleep in the chair and later woke with a banging headache. Life just really kicks you in the nuts sometimes doesn't it?

Oh I got one of the puds btw. No custards but then I shouldn't complain should I?

I'm lacking inspiration today (thanks to the cheesecake headache) so I'll just update on the listening to; reading; etc.

Watching; Around the World in 80 Treasures (though I'm mostly falling asleep to it), ER, Most Haunted, new Will & Grace and Dr Who of course. I started to watch Grumpy Old Women but got very bored very quickly. It was all "Kids blah blah" "Husbands blah blah" neither of which apply to me. I related more to the grumpy old men.

Recorded; Two Hitchcock films I've not seen before - Topaz and Stage Fright, Simon Thurley's Building Britain (or whatever its called), Animation Nation (for the clips of Bagpuss and Mr Benn).

Listening to; Natalie Imbruglia's new albums and the extra tracks on the Shiver singles - her cover of Crowded House's Pineapple Head is gorgeous, Terry Wogan and Jonathan Ross in the mornings (Is it me?), Snow Patrol - Final Straw which I've been listening to for a while now and is bloody fantastic.

Reading; Plays mainly. Educating Rita because I'm supposed to be directing it at the theatre next year (ulp!), Confusions by Alan Ayckbourn as I'm directing one of the one act plays in a few months, a new play called Washboard Blues because I'm in it at the end of May. I've also developed a fondness for spooky mags like 'Chat - Its Fate', 'Take a Break - Fate & Fortune' and 'Spirit & Destiny' magazine.

And here's a few little facts about me;

Favourite biscuit - the humble Custard Cream. Great to dunk in tea.
Favourite tipple - Timmermans Framboise (raspberry beer)
Two names I was almost called - Maeve (dad) Natasha (mum)
My middle name was chosen by my then 8 year old brother after Marie Osmond.
I once had a job interview in the Rovers Return.
I have been at the same wedding as Russell T Davies.
I had violin lessons at the age of 10 but never practiced & didn't like the teacher so I stopped.
Favourite word - moist.
Biggest scar - on my left index finger from when I fell off a wall when I was 11.
Favourite swear word - bollocks.

Right, I'm off to get some ibuprofen.

2 Comments:

Blogger Adriana said...

Ooh I do like a Custard Cream me. It may well be my favourite but I'd be upset to have to choose but suffice to say the last packet of biscuits I bought and dunked (milk in my case - suddenly I'm 7) was the Custard Cream.

As for names well 'unusal A starting names' was the remit and by all accounts Adele was the front runner until Mum picked up a magazine and saw a photograph of a woman called Adriana who just happened to be an Italian stripper. Goodness knows what she was reading at the time.

9:58 am  
Blogger Spaceminx said...

You're a girl after my own heart. Mmmmmm custard creams

8:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home