Saturday 19 February, 2005

Red

Well, I dyed my hair as promised. I was looking for a warm brown colour wasn't I? I picked up a box of Loreal Coleur Experte in Chocolate Mousse from Bodycare and faffed around in the bathroom with it on Sunday morning. My hair turned out bright red with a hint of orange. Well maybe I'm exaggerating but it was certainly alot brighter than I wanted. Its toned down a bit now after a few washes and it doesn't look as bad as I thought. The girls at work and my best mate thought it was nice so that's ok. Don't think I've ever seen chocolate mousse that colour before though.

Its been an eventful week all in all. Most of Tuesday night was spent in the local A&E department with my brother. His health hasn't been great lately. He's been on beta blockers for high blood pressure for a few months but stopped about two weeks ago as he'd run out of tablets. He couldn't get any more as our old doctor wouldn't treat him further because he didn't live in their area (long story). So he's been in the middle of switching to a doctor's surgery nearer to home. Hence the lack of tablets. He'd already come home the previous Wednesday feeling ill and complaining of weird flashbacks, muttering something about a numb arm and could I check on him in bed later. Worried didn't even begin to describe my feelings. He was ok after a rest though and the weekend came and went with him catching my cold. Tuesday rolls around and I get home from work. He said he hadn't been feeling well at all and had been having chest pains since the afternoon. Coupled with his numb arm (the left one) and back pain and he said he was thinking of popping up to A&E (only 10 mins walk up the road fortunately). I persuaded him to go if only to set our minds at rest. So there we were at 8.30 pm with a very nice nurse hooking him up to an ECG and various other people tootling in & out asking questions and taking blood tests/X-Rays etc. Turns out the chest pain was due to him coughing his guts up alot with the cold. No heart problems or blood clots. He did get told off by the nurse and the doctor (who was well fit btw) for stopping his beta blockers and was given a tablet to tide him over til he went to the GP the next day. I was relieved to say the least.

Wednesday was spent having lunch with my best mate at a tea rooms near to her house. They have Bakewell tart to die for. So moist and yummy. Mmmmmmm. Then we went for a rather muddy walk along the canal (my trainers are black) finally stopping at a pub for a last drink and the loo (we'd drunk a lot of tea).

Tonight we're off for an Indian for Bro's birthday. He loved his Ray Mears book and voucher. Maybe it'll get him out foraging in the woods a bit more, exercising and getting some fresh air. We'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home