Saturday 26 February, 2005

Drunken ramblings

Hellooooo! I'm a bit pissed here in the net caff. I've come into Manchester as usual but instead of heading straight here I went to the pub to meet some work mates on a leaving do. The chap who's leaving is a bit of an institution in the office ( he's been working for the company for 25 years) and is a great laugh so I had to go & say a proper goodbye. In fact, he's the chap I sent a Little Britain message to over the phone that ended up with the wrong person. There was a bloody good turnout. We took over half the pub. I've only had two pints but I'm fairly drunk already. I'd had a good lunch too so its not like I was drinking on an empty stomach. I was only supposed to be staying for a couple but once I'm done here I'm going to go back & rejoin them, mainly because my ex boss is supposed to be turning up and I haven't seen him in ages.

Other than coming here I've popped out to get a Mother's day present (I didn't realise it was next weekend) and to sober up a bit. I was looking for some Upstairs Downstairs DVDs but they've not got the first eps in HMV so I got her Tenko instead. She'll like that. I hope.

Passing by the Royal Exchange Theatre I noticed they're showing Electra later this year. There was a second or two where I thought "I didn't know they were showing films now..." before I looked at the small print and saw it was the play by Sophocles. Duh! I wonder how many people they're going to confuse with that one? I can imagine them now, sat in their seats wondering where Jennifer Garner is and why the lead is getting off with her father & murdering her mother. (I've never read the play btw so apologies for getting any major plot points wrong.)

My brother is better for the most part and is due to go into hospital next weekend for an op for his varicose veins so I probably won't be here next week. I've no idea what to expect. I thought he was going to be laid up in bed for a while but my mum told me this morning that anyone having that op is supposed to walk around a bit so they don't get blood clots. Glad I clarified that one.

Anyway, I must pick up my emails then toddle off back to the pub asap as I really need a wee.

Not that you needed to know that.

2 Comments:

Blogger Trinity said...

oooh varicose veins are painful. I've seen them strip them out. Lovely stuff. Hope he's ok and make him walk loads. Thanks for your comments hunny. I missed you
xxx

11:39 pm  
Blogger Spaceminx said...

Eep! I don't want to know. The thought of it makes me wince. Not that I'm usually squeamish. And I've missed you too. Its good to hear from you.

3:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home