Wednesday 4 May, 2005

Happiness will prevail

This absolute shitting bastard of a computer. I've just typed a longish post & the damn thing rebooted itself & lost it all. So here we go again.

Had some great news this afternoon that my best friend has finally got the promotion she's been after for a year. Her bosses have messed her around so much but now they've finally seen sense. I've been into town after work to get her a card & mini bottle of champers & was walking round M&S with a silly grin on my face. I'm so happy for her.

I was rather bored on Sunday having been a lazy git on Saturday so I trundled up to Blackburn for a trip out. When I got there I realised I could get another bus to a little village called Hoghton and more specifically to Hoghton Tower which is an old manor house I've been wanting to go to for years. sadly, by the time I got there it was a bit late in the afternoon so I just had a little walk & got the bus back home. Yesterday I switched on the local news to hear that the previous day (Monday) Hoghton had been hit by a tornado! If only I'd gone a day later I would have seen it. Talk about gutted. I have a slight obsession with storms & tornados & would really love to see one (providing I was safe of course). So near and yet so far.

Instead, I was in Bakewell soaking up the sun and the puddings. It was packed but lovely and while I couldn't be arsed walking to castle hill I did manage to go to the parish church where they had a stunning display of anglo-saxon carved stones in the porch. I was in awe. I even braved the crowds to buy a bakewell pudding from one of the original pudding shops. Mmmmmmm. There's a quarter of it left downstairs and I can hear it calling to me now.

Oh and yes I did give my brother a piece.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home