Wednesday 4 February, 2009

All's fair in jobs & pics

I've been to a jobs fair today at the Manchester City Stadium which should actually be good news and brilliant and everything but it wasn't. It was quite the little waste of time actually. I'm not sure what I expected but what I actually got were various employers handing out booklets of stuff they'd printed off their websites along with instructions to check the websites out. As I got there a woman was giving a little speech saying that none of the exhibitors would accept cvs. Fantastic. It would've been nice to have known that before I printed off half a dozen copies of mine. Maybe it would've been better if I'd been someone who didn't have internet access at home or if I was looking for general job seeking advice but I wasn't, so I felt like I'd had a bit of a wasted journey.

Well, it wasn't totally wasted. I'd had a nice late lunch at Katsouris Deli (Lamb Siciliana sandwich - yum) and I took the opportunity to photograph the controversial sculpture 'B of the Bang' before it gets pulled down as well as the town hall & ferris wheel. A couple of the results, after much faffing around with photo editing software, are below.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home