Saturday 7 May, 2005

Obligatory MH post

Its become a source of annoyance for me now that Most Haunted have eschewed the historical aspects of the show for ghostly stunts like Derek becoming possessed. I know its a show about ghosts but part of the interest for me comes from learning the historical background of the places they visit. The intros for the different locations hardly give you any info at all now and they rarely cut to historian Richard Jones to back up Derek's psychic details. It took them the better part of an hour to cut to Richard to confirm that Alexander Korda was a famous film director. Talking of which... David Bull hasn't been out much has he? "Who is Alexander Korda?". What next? "Who is Alfred Hitchcock?" Wonder if Derek will pick up on Hitch's ghost this weekend. He did film at Elstree. "I'm getting the conditions of a portly gentleman... has a thing about blondes... and I'm getting birds, lots of birds...and neckties...." I didn't realise how many of my favourite films & TV programmes were filmed at Elstree. Aliens, Night of the Demon, The Avengers etc. Too many to list 'em all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home