Sunday 3 October, 2004

What a dork!

Travelled to London again this week. I'm spending so much time in the capital lately I might as well move there. Well, I would if I could get the right job...anyhoo. I went down to watch one of my heroines, Marcella Detroit (or Levy as she's now calling herself), in concert with a chap called Carlos Guitarlos at The Borderline. Bloody hell it was an amazing gig. Both of them are musical geniuses and he plays the guitar like a demon. It was mostly blues and rock 'n' roll stuff but Marcy also performed an acoustic version of 'Stay' - Shakespears Sister's biggest hit. Abso-bloody-lutely marvellous it was. My word, she has a voice. I plucked up the courage to say hello to her after the gig was over and she was packing up her stuff. What a spaz I made of myself though. It went well enough at first - told her the gig was amazing - but then my shyness took over and the English language deserted me. I couldn't think of anything else to say. Bless her, she tried to help by asking me where I'd come from etc but I just burbled incoherently, thanked her again and made a run for it.

I also took time out while I was in London to see the inside of Temple church and the British Museum. Drooled over the Sutton Hoo treasure and other marvellous displays of shiny old things (no Patrick Stewart though) and was gobsmacked by the hugeness of the Egyptian (and some Greek) sculptures on the ground floor. How on earth did those collectors get such stuff out of the countries? "Ooh, look at that Nereid temple over there. I'll just slip it under my jacket...." The mind boggles.

Been mooching round the farmers market in Manchester this afternoon. Bought some lovely stuff. Genuine black pudding slices, some French garlic soft cheese (on tasting it I almost orgasmed on the spot) and a sundried tomato loaf. Mmmmmmmmmm. I also partook of a sausage sandwich but don't tell the other lesbians or they'll have my guts for garters.

And I must mention The L Word whilst I'm on the sapphic subject. I can see the resemblance to Sex and the City but as someone somewhere said, it lacks the sense of humour. Still, who needs the funnies when you've got the delectable Shane? (dribble)

4 Comments:

Blogger Trinity said...

I'm coming to madcity...2 weeks!!!

9:43 pm  
Blogger Spaceminx said...

Manchester??? Oh cool. Maybe we could meet up for a few bevvies?

4:21 pm  
Blogger Trinity said...

I'm a bit committed this time but I'll come up again soon and I promise we'll do it next time ok? I love meeting my fellow online madpeople. You got your pc fixed yet? you still in the internet cafe? drinking hot chocolate and kit kat biscuits?

12:06 pm  
Blogger Spaceminx said...

Yep, the PC is still up the swanny. One of these days my bro will actually buy the new hard drive he's been promising. I'm in the net caff again - arriving just as a bunch of scallys were being thrown out. Nice.

Let me know next time you're up here and we'll get trousered or something.

3:48 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home