Saturday 13 November, 2004

Never been so insulated...

I have finally made a decision regarding my job. As of Monday, and after much negotiation, I will be working for another contractor separate from all the other staff at AM. It took a while but we finally got there. I've been agonising over it for the last couple of weeks. Just when I thought I'd made a decision something would happen and I'd be back to square one again. The climax of this being my new employer's original pay offer. I work 35 hours a week for a certain hourly pay and the potential new boss phoned me to discuss new terms. He said they'd be paying me more per week than I was on at the moment - £7 more. He kept stressing that this was more than I was on already. The trouble was that the hours would be 40 per week. Now you don't have to be Carol Vorderman to work that one out do you? £7 for an extra 5 hours work. Needless to say I told them to sod off and eventually they came back with a better offer.

Spoke to K (girl I used to work with at AM) on Friday who, it turns out, has also been faced with a similar choice. As with everyone else (including me) she could transfer to another contractor, E, or she was offered another job with AM in a different dept. She's also been offered a job with a mystery 3rd employer. I've got a horrible sinking feeling that this may be the same employer I've accepted a job with. Please God don't let it be them. She's a lazy cow who thinks I'm her personal doormat and I really don't want to work directly with her again. Ever.

1 Comments:

Blogger Spaceminx said...

Thankfully it seems she's transferred to 'E' with the rest of them. Phew! I still have to speak to her regularly on the phone but I can cope with that.

4:08 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home