Sunday 7 November, 2004

Uninspired

I'm feeling strangely uninspired this week. Went to a bonfire party last night which was fun despite it pissing down all night. Fireworks good, food good, didn't drink too much so I'm sans hangover today..... which is nice. The only fly in the ointment was a snidey comment from one of the older women there. As I was walking with my 4 cans of Fosters to the bar area she said "You're not going to drink all of those are you?" to which I retorted, " Yes - probably!". Snidey cow. Actually I only drank 2 1/2 of them and a snifter of Southern Comfort but I didn't tell her that. Felt like giving her a slap...

Anyway, this week/month/whatever I am mostly...

Watching - New Battlestar Galactica which is bloody marvellous and the new female Starbuck works really well, Hex which is good fun and I love the straight female/lesbian ghost dynamic, Stargate SG1 and Atlantis, QI, Most Haunted, The L Word, Arrested Development (v funny), new French & Saunders (a bit hit & miss frankly though the Most Haunted spoof had me laughing my ass off) and just finished watching Six Feet Under.

Listening - Nicked my brother's Evanescence CD the other day so I've had that on most of the time, dug out an old B52s cd that I've not heard for years, some Beatles and I'm going to pop into HMV in a bit to see if they've got the first Lemon Jelly cd and to look for some Scissor Sisters singles. I bought Mary the other week and its got a very silly cover version of Franz Ferdinand's 'Take me Out' on it. Fab.

Reading - Bugger all other than flicking through the new Stargate magazine. I don't have much time/patience to read these days but I am tempted to buy Joanna Lumley's new autobiography. She was my first role model and heroine when I was hooked on The New Avengers at the tender age of six. I even asked my mum if I could have a Purdey hair cut. She said yes but on looking at old photos of me the finished cut didn't really look the same (although I didn't notice at the time). They never do, do they? Over the years I've tried a Carol Decker (remember her?) and a Davina McCall but I always end up disappointed. The only one that ever succeeded was a Peri (Dr Who companion) but that was just an ordinary bob and you can't go far wrong with one of those.


2 Comments:

Blogger Trinity said...

you're so like me in lots of ways. I love sci fi and stuff like the l word. French and saunders have lost it a bit..shame though

2:16 pm  
Blogger Spaceminx said...

Its those 'Production Office' bits that are getting boring. Except for the Basil Brush/Little Britain chaps bit the other week.

4:12 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home