Sunday 17 October, 2004

Deck the halls

Ok I'm going to risk being pelted with rotten tomatoes by talking about Christmas. I usually hate the fact that the festive season starts in September (how I swore when I saw a stand of santa shaped Lindt chocolate in our local department store a few weeks ago) but yesterday my mum took me to see the new Xmas displays at a garden centre near Warrington. Dear God, if you think the displays at Selfridges and Harrods were good wait till you see these. Twinkly lights, trees and tinsel as far as the eye could see. Each tree was decorated with a theme. There was a Moulin Rouge tree decorated with red and black baubles, ribbons, small boots and handbags (I kid you not), dangly bits, glittery bits etc; A music themed tree (gold with glittery musical notes; a wine themed one (with real wine bottles and burgundy deccies)... the list goes on and on (including an orange and blue one that wouldn't have looked out of place in a drag queen's living room). Lots of household stuff too - festive table settings, candles, crockery, boxes... I know it all sounds tacky but apart from the orange and blue tree it was all in the best possible taste. My mum treated me to a cone shaped decoration - one of those glittery things shaped like a Xmas tree but not, if you know what I mean. My brother was a bit lax with the deccies last year so I've wanted something festive but easy to store and put up in my room. I felt so Christmassy that I could've sworn it was December already. The cynical old me was gone albeit probably temporarily.

Elsewhere the job situation is looking a little more positive. We now know who the new contractors are and there's some deal in the works for them to take on the existing admin staff. Still have no idea where I'd be based though if it all pans out. Panto rehearsals are continuing apace though the costume lady was talking about putting me in a leopard print bra top. Me?.....in a skimpy bra top?.....with my reputation? (and my current waistline).... I don't think so!

Oh and a very happy birthday to the building the theatre is based in as some time this week it is 100 years old. We had a celebratory slap up meal at Mrs Miggins pie shoppe, or Smithills Coaching House as it's better known, and boy do they feed you there. So not much success on the diet front this week. Must keep thinking about that bra top - that'll spur me on.

1 Comments:

Blogger Trinity said...

I love Christmas. But the last few have been hideous. A time to realise just how alone you really are. Hope this one's better. And I bet you'll look gorgeous in that top xxxxx

7:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home