Saturday 9 October, 2004

Like a rollercoaster

This week has had its fair share of ups and downs. Transco announced on Monday that it was shutting its Bolton office and pretty much everyone would be losing their jobs. Which is terrible obviously but I felt that my own job was secure since I actually work for one of their contractors now. What did piss me off though was the way they gave briefings to all their own staff (fair enough) but didn't invite any of the contractors or even have a seperate briefing. They either forgot or just didn't care that it affects us too. I mean, the whole reason we're based in their office and not one of our own is because they have various software systems we need to use that we otherwise don't have access to. So where and how am I going to do my job?

By yesterday it was starting to seem like this was a moot point. The company I work for is allegedly breaking their contract with Transco and so I may be out of a job in the New Year anyway. So far its all rumour and gossip but these things have a nasty habit of coming true. Shit.

So last night I consoled myself with beer and chocolate (and Haribo Starmix). Suddenly it all seemed better ;-) No point in really worrying until I know for certain and in the meantime I'll carry on looking for something else. It'd be nice to work in Manchester again. I've really missed the atmosphere and travelling will be marginally easier this time. We'll see.

Rehearsals have started for this year's Panto. How quickly it comes round. This time I'm principal girl which will involve wearing a grass skirt and flashing flesh. Ulp. I've got a lot of it to flash. Must make more of an effort with the low carb diet. Nice to see a few people who I don't get to see that often though and my social life is due to pick up pace again. There's already a meal and a bonfire party planned. Cool.

3 Comments:

Blogger Adriana said...

Ah Haribo - my Haribo of choice is the Sweet & Sour mix. Why I devoured a pack at the weekend.

I am a panto virgin (coming from the colonies and all) but this year I am redeeming myself with two definite excursions and one possible. Can't wait.

PS - hope the job thing works out but you've got the right attitude. (Beer & chocolate)

5:22 pm  
Blogger Trinity said...

wow a real life panto virgin. I havent seen one of those since 1979. Can I have your autograph and a lock of your hair?

12:07 pm  
Blogger Spaceminx said...

Starmix is my Haribo weakness. Mmmmmmm.

3:48 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home