Saturday 20 November, 2004

Snow joke

Thursday the 18th of November and we have the first bit of snow this winter. Very early IMHO. I don't remember it starting so early in previous years. So of course I was filled with deep joy. I hate the winter. Its so cold, grey, wet and depressing. I don't mind so much when the sky is blue and its cold and the snow looks pretty but I hate the rain and lack of light. And muddy slush that you slip & break your neck on. It is a good excuse to eat comfort food though. I've eaten nothing but junk this week - burgers, pasties, chicken fajitas, bread & butter pudding... I have bought a tin of Heinz tomato soup though so at least there's something vaguely healthy in the cupboard.

I've been Xmas shopping today. Buying a few bits here & there. I was going to go to that garden centre I mentioned that had the Xmas displays but my mum told me they've sold out of most stuff so I came to Manchester instead. Its been fairly successful though I haven't managed to find a reasonably priced pair of Doc Martens for myself. I'd assumed that Afflecks Palace would have some but they mustn't be in vogue with the sk8er kids at the mo so they didn't have any. The only place that sold them was an outdoorsy/army surplus store and they were £60!!! So I'll have to wait until I make a trip down to London and go to Camden Market. I fancy a pair of purple ones.

New comedy I've discovered has been keeping the SAD at bay. I'd never watched Little Britain before but a mate recommended it so I gave it a go. God its funny, and stunningly accurate. I haven't picked out a favourite yet but the chap in the wheelchair and the chav girl are very good. And then there's 2DTV and the return of Dead Ringers. Funniest by far though is Max & Paddy's Road to Nowhere which has had me in fits both weeks. In ep 1 it was the 80s dance film piss take and last night it was 'Willy Wanker and the Chocolate Factory'. I haven't laughed so much in ages.

And we're a step closer to having a working computer, finally. My brother's mate is helping him install the new hard drive as I type. He should have also bought a new printer today. Woo hoo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home