Saturday 14 May, 2005

Fade to blah

Just heard Kelly Osbourne's new single on the Jonathan Ross show and I have to say that its just a blatant rip off of Fade to Grey by Visage. Is there no originality in the music industry these days?

Last night was our works 'closing down' do. The office isn't actually closing down imminently but I guess that they decided to do it now while most people are still there. I only stayed a couple of hours as is usual for me at works nights out. I don't exactly know why but I don't feel totally comfortable with them. I can happily go to parties with friends from the theatre group or my gang of sci-fi mates, even the people I used to work with in my previous job but this lot just don't do it for me. I think it may have something to do with the fact that I find it quite a bitchy office filled with ignorant bastards who think they're better than everyone else. But that's not true of all of them. There are some genuinely nice people who I get on with there. I was thinking about it last night and figured it was because I really don't feel I have anything in common with them. We're just not on the same level (if that doesn't sound arrogant). Part of the problem was that it was absolutely packed in there as well and I was feeling very claustrophobic, getting jostled & elbowed, and just wanted some fresh air. Its really saying something when the best place to be is the toilet, eh? It was fairly easy to slip out relatively unnoticed thanks to the large crowd. I just grabbed my jacket & made a run for it. Fresh air never felt so good. The first thing I did when I got home was put the kettle on. Then got changed into my jammies. Bliss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home